Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

While I may be a Halloween Dud Extraordinaire, I am apparently the only one in my family.

Jess and our neighbor Blake help Pepper get his zombie on.

I know you're thinking it--go ahead and say it.
"Luke, I am your father."

But this is what seals the deal of non-Halloween-duddiness.  Brad and the kids get all the credit for this:

  Yep, we are that house in the neighborhood.

Brad and the kids were soooooo excited to set this all up, and it did not go unappreciated.  Nearly every trick-or-treater that came to our door said something about our spooky house.  Brad and I were in the living room watching television, and whenever he left to go answer the doorbell, he'd come back with that straight, smug, Frown-Smile of the Supremely Pleased.  There were a few fist-pumps as well.

He even got the last laugh on that random orange lamp on the porch.  Both Jess and I thought it was pointless, telling Brad that just having an orange light-bulb in it didn't necessarily make it scary.  But one woman, after taking a picture of our house, commented, "I love the lamp!"  I concede defeat.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Oh, I can totally picture Brad's smug smile. I love it. Sounds like you had fun in spite if yourself.