Pretty boring, but these photos signify the last of the boxes being unpacked!!
Before today, this room was floor-to-ceiling boxes full of decor chotchkies and pictures to hang on the walls. Now the boxes are gone, but I still haven't decided where I want to hang all the pictures.
What you can't see is that those file drawers are now full of all the papers/receipts/warranties/bills that have been piling up since we moved in.
Now that I am to the Decorating Portion Of This Move, I am at a loss. After attempting to fill the walls and shelves with the contents of our decor boxes, this living room is giving me fits. I simply don't know how to turn this into the room I want it to be (probably because I don't really have a vision of what I want this room to be).
On a segment of Good Morning America, Nate Berkus was plugging his book Things that Matter, in which he says that you should only fill your home with things that matter to you, not worry about a style. I'm trying to tell myself that I am following Nate's advice, but really, I have no idea. I'm just taking stuff out of boxes and plunking them on shelves.
In a perfect world, I would fly all my sisters and sisters-in-law (decorating gurus) out for a week, and they could tell me exactly what is cute and we could all go shopping and it would be perfect and I would live happily ever after.
But, alas, we do not live in a perfect world. And, that is why my walls are nekkid.




1 comment:
When you have those sisters and sisters-in-law come, please have them stop by my house to give me advice. I still have so many dang empty walls. Somebody came over yesterday and asked if we just moved in. As for Nate Berkus's advice, I don't think I have that many things that matter to me.
Post a Comment