Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

 I have always loved Fall.  I love the leaves, the crisp temperatures, and the days getting shorter, so that dinner is eaten in a cozy, lit-up kitchen while the sun sets outside.  Yum.

I have to say, Texas does not do Fall well.  For some reason, all the trees here are still green.  It is supremely disappointing to drive around in October and not see colorful leaves everywhere.

 This is a photo of Pep when he was four.  I took my three kids out one afternoon in October and just took pictures of them playing in the leaves.  These are some of my favorite photos ever.  I had some of them framed and on my wall for years.  I think I need to dig them out again, so I don't forget about Fall here in the Lone Star State.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Boy, I feel your pain. But I must say that each we've been here has seemed a little better. I think my mind is starting to erase the memories of Fall in Michigan.

ColleenandKendra said...

Yep, autumn in TX is a disappointment, to be sure. The leaves are green until they all of the sudden turn brown and fall off. Nothing spectacular to see here.

MarieC said...

The Pacific NorthWET does not do Fall well, either. In fact, it's not even an official season here. We have Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Road Construction.