My Dino-Pod.
Several years ago--like many, many years ago--my father-in-law gave me his old iPod. He was upgrading to a newer, bigger gigabytier version, and thought I might like his old one, since I didn't have one of my own. I happily took it, but I didn't really have much use for it at the time, so I tucked it away with some of my old cameras and went on my merry way.
Last week, as I was unpacking boxes, I ran across this little iPod and was delighted! My car has a plug-in for mp3 players, and frankly, I am tired of listening to my kids' music, which they plug in every time they get in the car. So, I put some favorite songs of mine on this little number, and I have been rocking out in my car to Caro Emerald, Bon Jovi, The Monkees, Brad Paisley, and of course Gotye.
Because it's practically an antique, my iPod tops out at 58 songs. But, somehow I just love the lameness of it. I also love that it is tiny and doesn't require a cord to plug into my car, and that it is ONLY for music, so I don't ever have to pull it out for other uses. It just sits happily in my car, waiting for me to turn on the ignition so it can run through its 58 songs...again.

No comments:
Post a Comment