Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Well, I'm advanced enough in the unpacking to now have to face the really dreaded stuff.  After unpacking all the rooms that I knew would be pretty straight-forward, I cannot put off the playroom any longer.

This is how it started this morning.  I should point out that this is only half of the boxes that needed to be unpacked - the rest are behind me in the media room...

...here.

Ugh.  Can you see why I've been putting this off?

Eight hours later, this is where we stand:

 The good news is, we can now see floor in the media room.  This room is going to be bare-naked for a while until we can afford to furnish it.

However, the bad news is:
 All those boxes marked "Spiele" were full of loose toys.  Either the bins came open in transit, or my piggy kids had mixed them all up when they "cleaned" the playroom in Berlin.  Whatever the cause, the effect was boxes upon boxes of tiny little toys all mixed together. My solution: dump them all into a big pile, surround them with the appropriate containers, and just put them all away one toy at time.

But right now, I am finding this task rather daunting, and adopting Scarlett O'Hara's mantra to just think about it tomorrow.

1 comment:

MarieC said...

But at least you have a playroom and a media room! And the finished product looks awesome.