So, we live in the sticks. Our neighborhood is out in the middle of cow pastures and old farm roads.
It's actually awesome.
It's actually awesome.
Our backyard is on the other side of this cow pasture. I don't know where the cows went. Usually they are hanging out here munching on grass. It would be so boring to be a cow.
But, every time I drive these roads, I feel a sense of contentment deep in my core. I don't know what it is or how to explain it, except that it just feels like I FIT here. Like when you find that right puzzle piece after trying to make 50 others fit, and the correct piece sort of slides into place, like it is pulling itself into the puzzle where it belongs. There is just a deep rightness about it. That is how I feel out here among the wide farm roads and bored cows and big blue sky. I belong here.
This is the "downtown" near our house. I know all you city slickers out there are probably appalled at the lack of Targets or Costcos or Olive Gardens, but this is just perfect for me. It kind of reminds me of Garland, the small town where my dad grew up.
I guess I'm just a Country Girl after all.





3 comments:
That's exactly how I felt driving around Grand Blanc. And there's an especially "country" road here in Amarillo where I always think if just feels so right to be listening to country music. And I don't usually listen to country music.
Sounds like there could be a lot of sexy cowboys. I can get on board for that :P
Before I got to the last part of your post, I said to myself, "She's got a bit of Garland in her." (And then I laughed when I saw that you wrote about Garland). You were well groomed to be among the Texans, heck, remember sledding off the barn into the cow pasture? Good memories in farmland!
Post a Comment