Today, a very nice co-worker of Brad's invited us to their house for a Labor Day BBQ. This same co-worker has a daughter Jessica's age who attends the same high school and has been taking care of Jess at school. She looked for Jess on the first day and they've been eating lunch together ever since, which everyone knows is the scariest part of being new. We had a great time at their home today, swimming, riding four-wheelers, and just chatting, but since we just met, I thought it would be awkward to ask them to pose for a photo. So, no picture of the biggest part of our day.
Instead, I will be documenting the grossest part of our day.
We've spent a LOT of time in the car this last week, as I drop off and pick up the kids from school everyday. With the drive time from our hotel, and the fact that each of their three schools dismiss at different times (each an hour apart), I am spending more time in my car than in the hotel. I have an audiobook to see me through this.
Yesterday, we all grabbed something to eat for breakfast and ate in the car on the way to church (remember: 8:30 a.m.) Luke grabbed chocolate milk, which of course he spilled all over everything. After a day of sitting in the hot Texas sun, the remnants of that spill are good and rancid. Our car stinks so bad!
No, you can't see the smell (although I wouldn't be surprised if you could. It's bad enough that I imagine the smell waves escaping the car whenever a door opens, like in cartoons). But, you can see that the car is an absolute pig sty.
1 comment:
Yup, that's pretty bad!
Post a Comment