Look what I found 10 minutes away from my house!
I was a big fan of Aldi when we lived in MI, but ironically I almost never shopped there in Germany. When we first moved to Berlin, I went to the neighborhood Aldi one night with Brad, and we were quite taken aback by the big PUDDLE OF BLOOD by the entrance. Nobody seemed to care that it was there; customers just steered their carts around it and none of the employees made any effort to clean it up. This led me to believe that PUDDLES OF BLOOD were a common occurance at this particular Aldi, and quite frankly the whole atmosphere was pretty ghetto. So, I didn't go back, preferring to shop at my big, American-sized Kaufland that had better parking anyway.
But, there was no blood puddle at this Aldi. When I walked in (after slipping my quarter into the shopping cart to release it from the others) and saw all my old Aldi favorites from Michigan, I had to squelch a little squeal of excitement. Aldi brand Oreos and cheese crackers and ranch dressing and pancake mix and freezer waffles - all for super cheap and organized just like I remembered.
I had A Moment there in the dry goods aisle. It was pretty special.
No comments:
Post a Comment