Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Today, all our stuff from Germany was delivered to the new house.  We have SO MUCH STUFF.  I had to check off every box and item as it came into the house to verify that we had all our stuff, and I am exhausted after 8 hours of watching all the men haul everything in.

 (Wow, that sounds way lamer than it should.  Yes, I get that the men doing the hauling are surely more tired than me, but I still had to stand on the concrete all day long and check everything off.  Feel sorry for me!)

The whole process was made even funner (more fun?) by the fact that all our boxes are labeled in German, so the movers didn't know which room they belonged in, and in most cases I can't tell what the contents are based on the words written on the outside.  I'm sure I'm going to end up rearranging all the boxes once I open them and see what is actually inside.





Also adding an extra layer of intrigue - I can SMELL the bread the movers packed in a box in Germany.  I had been told that it was against customs to move any food, so I assumed when the movers packed up the kitchen in Berlin, they would leave the half-loaf of bread on my cupboard.  They didn't - they packed up EVERYTHING.  Whenever I walk past the boxes in the kitchen, I get a whiff of moldy bread.  That's going to be fun to find.

2 comments:

MarieC said...

Oh my goodness, that is funny about the loaf of bread. Funny only because I don't have to smell it!! ;-)

Suzette said...

I am loving your house, even in the unpacked stage! The finishes look beautiful. Unpacking is so exhausting so I do feel sorry for you! :)