Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

This morning we toured Charlottenburg Schloss, home to the lovely and buggy-eyed Sophie Charlotte, first queen of Prussia.

Ash and Jen channel their inner cherub.

Ahhhh, Jode.

After lunch at the cafe on the castle grounds, which included cream puffs the size of our heads, we got into the car and drove to Wittenburg.

In front of the Schlosskirche, where Martin Luther nailed up his 95 Theses.

Not the original door, but still cool.  This door has the 95 Theses engraved on it.

Small irony:  Martin Luther's biggest beef with the Catholic church was the selling of indulgences.  But inside the church memorializing him, visitors must pay 1 Euro for the privilege of taking photos, which is otherwise forbidden.  I paid the 1 Euro fee and relished the fact that I could take as many pictures as I wanted, while those who didn't pay had to keep their cameras in their bags.  Purchased indulgences are awesome. 

Martin Luther's grave.

I wanted to take this picture because all four of them were sitting there with their heads bowed, looking so reverent.  But then, Jami looked up and gave me a goofy face, destroying all reverence.  Typical.

 I don't know who this guy is, but he gives a very good Stank Eye.

Nothing says "Hurray for the Reformation" like Jazz Hands.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Love that last photo! Jazz hands for Jill.