This kid scared us to death last night.
Just before midnight, Brad and I were both lying in bed reading. Suddenly, Brad got abruptly out of bed and went into Pepper's bedroom across the hall. I heard Brad in there trying to get Pepper to talk to him, so I went in to see what what was up. Pepper was lying in his bed, eyes wide open and twitching slowly and methodically. Brad kept trying to get him to respond, but Pepper couldn't speak and just lay there twitching and staring. Our first thought was that his blood sugar was low, so I ran to get his meter and pricked his finger. His glucose level was 27 (it should be above 80). Brad got Pepper some juice, which luckily he was able to drink, and when he stopped twitching and could talk to us, we forced him to eat some bread too so his sugar level wouldn't bottom out again during the night. Twenty minutes later, Pepper was fine and had gone back to sleep. However, back in our room, Brad and I were seriously freaked out.
The doctor had told us that when blood sugar gets really low, it sometimes causes a seizure. I've had low blood sugar myself, but I've never been affected like that. I don't know how Brad knew something was wrong, but I am so glad he was there and heard whatever he heard that alerted him.
Pepper is fine now, and this morning barely remembered that anything had happened. But I'm a little paranoid and have been hovering around, watching to make sure he's all right. I never want to see my boy like that again.

5 comments:
I could comment on every single one of the pictures you just posted, but the comments would all be the same: I love your blog! I love the way you tell the stories of everyday life.
I'm so glad Brad heard that still small voice that told him to check on Pepper!
That would scare me and I am glad Brad went to check on him. I don't like having sick children. Its very upsetting. Hope this never happens again. You are one strong lady!! Glad Pepper is feeling better.
Yikes, that would be so scary! Glad it didn't seem to fade him.
*faze* him.
It's pure and simple, Brad was strongly prompted by the spirit to get up and go to Peppers side. This has happened with Emily twice, both times with low blood sugar. It is wonderful that Brad was "listening".
Post a Comment