Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

This morning was the big Grade 5 Exhibition.  The theme this year was Diversity, and the fifth graders were in groups of four or five students that studied different types of diversity.

Adam's group focused on diversity in learning.  They put together a skit to introduce their topic, and had this booth where we could come learn more.  At the booth, Adam, another student, and I played the awesome board game you can see in the bottom left corner of the photo.  Adam won, but I think he cheated.

In keeping with the Diversity theme, the art teacher had the fifth graders make Diversity Sculptures.  They all used the same materials (sticks, colored paper, string) to make their own unique sculptures.  It was pretty cool.  
 I was especially proud to see Adam quoted on the gallery wall.  There is some deep "stuff" here (it's nice to see that my kid isn't the dopiest one).

No comments: