Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

This afternoon, I had an appointment with my endocrinologist and had to get some blood drawn.  I went to the lab, and as I moved to sit in the chair, I bent to put my purse on the floor.  The lab technician nearly flipped, insisting that I put my purse on a nearby counter.

Not wanting to argue with the person holding the needle about to be inserted into my arm, I complied, but I did have to ask why.  She looked at me like I was insane, and told me that putting one's purse on the floor is very, very bad luck.  Apparently, her grandmother had instilled in her the importance of keeping one's purse off the floor, as well as not walking under a ladder, or not breaking a mirror.

While I had heard of the other superstitions, I'd never heard the one about the purse on the floor.  I learned something today.

And what do I do with my new-found knowledge?  I come home and put my purse on the floor so I can take a picture and blog about it.

I am totally flirting with danger.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never heard of that. I try to avoid putting my purse on the counter or table because of how dirty it is!

Jodi said...

Sucks to be you. You're so going to get it now.

Jeneil said...

Mike's mom used to swoon every time I opened an umberella in the house.