Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

 So, I took this photo today thinking I would say something flippant and derogatory about the hum-drum-ness of doing laundry.

But, just between you and me, that would be a lie.

I secretly love laundry day.  I love that one day a week, I have the perfect excuse to stay home all day, holed up with my laptop as I feed the washer every hour or so.  I might watch a movie, or catch up on my "stories" or just dink around googling whatever strikes my fancy.  Sometimes--and this is the best--I will spend the whole day reading in my soft chair by the window.

And the real clincher?  At the end of the day, as I yell at the kids to put their laundry away put everyone's folded clothes neatly in their drawers, I actually feel like I had a productive day.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I love laundry day too. In fact, I love the actual doing of it. As each load is done, I have an excuse to go to my room, shut the door if I please, and fold clothes in front of the tv.