Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Luh-uvved this!!

I think part of the reason I loved this book so much was because a lot of it was set in Prague, which is one of my favorite cities.  When they talked about meeting on Charles Bridge, how could I not get chills?  

But, it made me cry so much.  Like, the kind of crying that makes the back of your throat ache because it is both so sad and so lovely at the same time.  And, I loved the sparse, descriptive language--it reminded me of The Book Thief.  I love it when an author knows how to get the most bang for their buck, choosing one word that has enough meaning for an entire paragraph.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

How do you keep finding these books to read? I go to the library and just stare at the book spines, not having any idea how to pick a good one. Did I tell you I finally got to read The Secret Keeper? I finished it about a week ago and can't stop thinking about it.

Jeneil said...

Mom took the entire morning to finish The Secret Keeper, which she NEVER does, and called me to come and get it immediately to read.

We all get our book suggestions from you now.