One of the good/bad things about our house here is that we have a lot of stone surfaces that don't show dirt. This is good because I can go weeks (literally--weeks!) without cleaning, and it doesn't look dirty. But, it's also bad because I go weeks (again--literally!) without cleaning, and then I am totally grossed out by what I pick up on my rags.
(oh please, don't let my mother be reading this...)
The one exception is the shower glass (by "exception" I mean that it does look dirty, not that I clean it more often). By the time I get around to doing any cleaning, the glass is pretty grungy. No, make that really grungy.
But thanks to my friend Rose Marie, I know how to clean it so the grunge isn't permanent.
Rose Marie told me years ago that the best cleaner for glass is The Works toilet cleaner (I buy it for $1.19 at Walmart, so it is super cheap). I just squeeze some directly onto the glass, give it a quick scrub with a scrubbie, then wipe it off with a really wet rag and squeegee it dry. The glass is seriously pristine after five minutes of effort.
So there you go--that is your Housekeeping Tip of the Year from me.
If you are looking for How to Keep Your House Mostly Not Gross, I am your woman.
If you are looking for How to Keep Your House Mostly Not Gross, I am your woman.
2 comments:
This post could NOT have come at a better time! My shower doors are glass and really soap-scummy (despite my attempts to squeegie them down after each use...wish all users of the shower were equally vigilant). I have all week off school and "figure out how to clean shower doors" was on my to-do list. And, I'm going to WalMart tomorrow. Perfect, I say!!
Cleaning the shower is the worst. Are you going to get a Richie in Texas?
Post a Comment