Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I was reading my sister's blog this morning, where she was talking about how Valentine's Day hasn't changed since she was a kid.  It reminded me of my seven-year-old self sitting at our kitchen table with the purple-inked ditto list of my classmates in front of me, carefully choosing which card to give to each person.

I had Holly Hobby valentines, so I had to be careful which card went to which classmate.  With all the romance stirred up by Hottie Holly Hobby, I didn't want to give a mushy card to any of the boys, thereby giving him the wrong impression.  

I mean, you have to be careful with messages like "Have a heart, Valentine . . . MINE!" or "I like you a whole bunch!".   Most of the boys in my class got the "Knowing you is a real treat" card--you know, safe.  No one could ever accuse me of leading boys on.

(Just so you know, I had THE EXACT cards pictured above.  When I found this on Google, I literally screamed.
 I am seven right now!)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

And, of course, if you got a Valentine from a boy that said, "I'm sweet on you!" it obviously meant he liked you.

Jeneil said...

Gah! I had those same Valentines! That really was a blast from the past, not to mention picture of the Holly Hobbie from the front of your lunchbox. (You wouldn't think I'd remember that.)