Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

We've had this beast of an old TV upstairs in a corner, and today I had the brilliant idea to bring it down to my and Brad's room and hook it up to an extra DVD player we have.  I thought we might as well use it to occasionally watch movies in bed, since it wasn't doing anything but collecting dust upstairs.

So, my obedient husband did as I asked and got it all hooked up to the DVD player and the voltage converter so we could use it.  Then, he turned it on to make sure it was hooked up right and within a few seconds he heard a big pop and smoke started pouring out of the TV.

Apparently, the voltage converter is kaput.  And now, the TV is too.


2 comments:

MarieC said...

Oh my! I can't believe you had the presence of mind to snap a photo while the smoke was pouring out of it.

Denise Robertson said...

Hahahahaha -- it's still funny a few days later. At least for us.