For today's matinee, we saw Dreamboats and Petticoats. It was exactly what you'd expect a show called that to be - a slightly corny story about teenagers in the 1960's, providing an excuse to sing a bunch of songs from that era.
By intermission, I was about to burst from not joining the singing, so I bought the CD. My poor children can expect to hear me singing at the top of my lungs to "Let's Twist Again", "Poetry in Motion", "Runaround Sue", and "Da Do Ron Ron." It will likely happen in the car, where there is nowhere for them to hide, so that should be fun for all.
By intermission, I was about to burst from not joining the singing, so I bought the CD. My poor children can expect to hear me singing at the top of my lungs to "Let's Twist Again", "Poetry in Motion", "Runaround Sue", and "Da Do Ron Ron." It will likely happen in the car, where there is nowhere for them to hide, so that should be fun for all.
Originally, when we bought our tickets for this trip, we weren't sure we'd be up for another show on this night. Silly us, we worried we might be Showed-Out. Silly, silly us. We were most definitely NOT!
So, on the advice of my friend Alyssa, we got tickets for Ghost. This is what we passed on our way to Picadilly Circus, which is where Ghost was playing:
The cuteness of this moment was ruined when Brad left the booth and told me it stank strongly of urine. Gross.
There is just something so right about all those suit-clad men in front of the Sherlock Holmes restaurant.
And, here is our only photo of a London landmark - Big Ben in the distance. This trip was all about shows and entertainment, and we made a conscious decision to not worry about seeing everything. In fact, we sort of decided not to see anything touristy. It was more fun to linger over meals and wander somewhat aimlessly through the London streets. Even though I've only been here once before, London feels so familiar, like visiting an old friend.
We couldn't get the sign to show up well in the picture, so here is another try:
See, aren't you glad I got a better shot of it? Super romantic!
See, aren't you glad I got a better shot of it? Super romantic!
Ghost blew my socks off! I think it was the staging that was most impressive. I don't know how they made Sam walk through doors or magically appear in place of Oda Mae. And of course, there was the scene with the potter's wheel...oh baby. Everything about this show was slick and modern and emotional. It was the perfect way to end our trip-o-shows!






4 comments:
Your trip looks and sounds utterly dreamy! I didn't know Brad was such a theater buff. Of all the things you've been able to do while in Germany, that's got to be in the top five, right? And that picture of Brad in the phone booth needs to be framed.
So, your next picture will be the Husband of the Year award that Brad won, right? I know some really great dudes (married to my really great friends, of course) and I don't think ANY of them would have gone to five musicals with their wives. Tell your hubs I'm majorly impressed.
This London trip looks down-right spectacular! Yeesh!!
I loved every single London blog you did! Sounds like a great trip. I can't wait to copy it next year :)
Post a Comment