All day today, I put off taking a picture, knowing that I would be going to Girls' Night Out at Rachel's house this evening. I went, with my camera in my purse, and of course forgot to take a single photo. I am especially disgusted with myself that I didn't think to pull the camera out during our parallel parking adventure. It truly would have answered the question, "How many giggly women does it take to park a Volvo?"
So, I am digging into my photo archives for today's picture.
This photo was taken in Nauvoo, IL in June 2007. We stopped there on our way to Utah and spent a couple of days going on wagon rides, touring the homes, and enjoying the shows. When we left on a Sunday morning, we got into the car and did a final drive through Nauvoo before saying good-bye.
That is when we saw this sign hanging on one of the missionary houses:
For those of you who don't know, Pepper's real name is Spencer. When we saw this sign, we did a serious double-take and Brad slammed on the brakes so we could take a photo of OUR Spencer Bitner with the sign.
We knocked on the door of the house, hoping to find out more about this Elder Spencer Bitner, but there was no answer. So, it has always been a mystery. Especially because the sign was posted on missionary housing, so the Elder would not have been going "home" - he'd still be on his mission. And, missionaries don't use their first names, so it is weird that this sign included the "Spencer".
What would be really weird is if someday Pepper was called to serve a mission in Nauvoo, IL.
(Is anyone else hearing the Twilight Zone music in their head?)
(Is anyone else hearing the Twilight Zone music in their head?)

2 comments:
THAT is seriously cool!
Eerie. I like your Spencer Bitner better.
Post a Comment