This morning we went to Adam's school basketball tournament. Basketball is Adam's new passion, so this tournament was a big deal for him.
When Brad was in fifth grade, he also started playing basketball. His mom told him that she'd buy him a doughnut for every basket he scored in a game. So, Brad has made the same deal with Adam. Sadly, no doughnuts were purchased today.
We finished off the day by going to Hunger Games with Jeremy and Denise.
This was our first pose - making the sign Katniss gave to District 11 after Rue died. You can see that the flash didn't work. While Brad was fiddling with the camera, we decided that this pose felt like we were doing the Heil Hitler sign. Probably not the best idea in the middle of Berlin.
So, we abandoned the offensive political reference in favor of a more traditional pose.
We all loved the movie, btw. Book=good. Movie=good.



3 comments:
I have not read the books but saw the movie and wished I didn't. It was awful and I felt like I wasted my money. I don't understand why so many people like the movie. It reminded me of running Man with Arnold Schwartzeneggar. I get the undertone message. I wonder Why people would want to watch children fighting to the death in a warped world. It really isn't that hard to figure out the rest of the story line. Oh well enough of my ranting. I say 2 thumbs down to this movie.
I was sulking just a little bit last weekend, reading on FB about all the people going to see this movie with their husbands for date night. Jeff worked all weekend (and most weekends in the forseeable future). Still looking forward to seeing it, eventually.
I stinking loved the movie. It was AWESOME. The book was better, of course.
Post a Comment