Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A friend of mine who lives in London told us about this Chipotle restaurant just down the street from Singin' in the Rain.  When I told Brad of its existence, his eyes rolled back in his head in anticipated ecstasy.  I believe his words were, "This London trip just got 100% better!"  We ate a LOT of Chipotle on this trip!

After eating our weight in burritos, we headed to the matinee of Singin' in the Rain.  You know that old-school glamor you imagine all Broadway musicals to be?  Well, that was Singin' in the Rain.  Perfect singing, pristine dancing, lots of colorful costumes and bright lights. . .it was amazing!  And when they rained down actual water on the stage and Don Lockwood did his legendary number, splashing audience members as he stomped and kicked, I just wanted to scream!  DELIGHTFUL!!

Then, we switched gears completely for Billy Elliot.  This musical is gut-wrenching in its story of boy from a northern England mining family who wants to dance ballet.  It's a good thing the theatre was dark, because I was doing the Ugly Cry during a couple of numbers.  Both Brad and I were astounded at the young boy playing the lead.  Where do they find talent like that?

1 comment:

Jodi said...

How is it possible that London has a Chipotle, but Amarillo TEXAS doesn't?