Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

When I asked Adam what he'd like to have for breakfast on his sleepover, he very definitively requested pancakes and cheesy scrambled eggs.  So, that is what I made.

Neither Adam nor I expected that to be any big deal - in fact, we both thought the boys would gobble it right up.  I guess we didn't realize how American that breakfast is, because none of the boys at the sleepover had ever had a breakfast like that before.  And, with the exception of one boy from England, who was so excited to finally try "stacking pancakes" (he'd only had crepes before), the boys did not love it.

We had to show the boys how to prepare their pancakes, and they all suspiciously tasted the maple syrup before they'd pour it on their plates.  Some of them preferred to dip their pancakes in ketchup, which I'd put on the table for the eggs.  One boy gave up all together and asked very sheepishly if he could have some toast with Nutella.

I guess that just goes to show that there really is no such thing as Normal.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

WHAT?! Pancakes with ketchup? You need to get back to the U.S. asap.

Denise Robertson said...

HA. We call those Canadian pancakes. Next time you need to crumble bacon into the batter.

Jeneil said...

I am totally fascinated by this post.