Oh, sweet mother of everything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy -
WE HAVE OUR OWN ROOM!!
Finally, a single room became available, and it was with much rejoicing that Pepper and I moved all our stuff again into OUR OWN ROOM!!
With my little cot next to his bed, you can see that our room is wall-to-wall beds, but we don't care. It makes all the difference to be able to close the door on the Scary German Hospital and feel snug and safe in our own space.
Plus, we got the okay to go home on Tuesday, rather than Friday or Saturday. Pepper is doing so well, and I have enough experience with carb counting and insulin, so the doctor said we didn't need to stay so long. Hurray!
Plus, we got the okay to go home on Tuesday, rather than Friday or Saturday. Pepper is doing so well, and I have enough experience with carb counting and insulin, so the doctor said we didn't need to stay so long. Hurray!
Brad brought the kids to see us, and Adam and Luke made artwork to wish Pepper well.
You can see that Adam made a very sweet note wishing Pepper would get well soon, and Luke started off nice with a picture of himself giving Pepper (in a bed) some flowers. But, I had to laugh at his second drawing of a skull and crossbones. Nothing says "Get Well Soon" like a Jolly Roger!


3 comments:
This made me so happy I was giddy for you. Private rooms make ALL the difference. Sweet mother of all awesome blessings.
It's totally selfish of me to have hoped that you blogged/snapped pics of this whole experience, but I am so excited to see all these photos and I just love Luke's skull. What a delightfully weird but sweet comforting little note. Plus the hospital buildings do look like Harry Potter. Hugs and virtual comfort from the Jensen household, with the knowledge that Pepper (and his awesomely supportive family) will be fine.
The room reminds me of the rooms at the Stafford Hotel in Blackpool! I bet it was heaven on earth (or at least heaven-at-Hogwarts) for the two of you.
Post a Comment