Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Today we took another walk through the hospital grounds so I could get some photos of the awesome statues everywhere.  Some of them are truly mind-blowing.

Um...really?

These are the mutant statues that don't make any sense to me.  Are we supposed to feel better that the hospital considers these fair representations of the human body?

This one gave Jessica a case of the giggles when she saw it for the first time.

We also walked around "reading" the plaques situated around the grounds.  Since they were all in German, we really just looked at the pictures.

I had to snap a photo of this old picture of the pediatric ward from 1910.  I especially like the little guy front and center sitting on his potty.  Could they not have waited for him to finish his business before taking the picture?

3 comments:

ColleenandKendra said...

Oh goodness, Jill. What a trial. I have to say I agree with your friend...the hospital seemed pretty neat looking (with the exception of the "art" in the courtyards). But I imagine your momma fears combined with the language barrier and unfamiliarity just bundled all up to make the hospital seem really scary. I'm so glad you are home! And I can promise you...our hospitals here in Fort Worth are NORMAL! Hopefully you won't have a need to go to one, of course!

Jeneil said...

These pictures ARE mind-blowing! I got a case of the giggles myself.

Denise Robertson said...

Best. Blog. Ever. That's artwork that should be framed :P