Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013


Tonight we had the pleasure of hosting a barbeque in honor of our friends, Mike and Karen McClelland and their five kids.

Brad and Mike started working for Daimler on the exact same day back in 2003, and quickly discovered that they are kindred spirits.  The McClellands went to Berlin two years before we did, so they were there for our first year in Germany and took great care of us as we tried to adjust to Life In A Foreign Country.  

They returned home to Michigan in 2010 and Mike has since moved on from Daimler, so we haven't been able to see them for a couple of years.  When they let us know they were coming to Texas for a visit, we were thrilled to have them come and spend a night with us.  We invited a couple of other Daimler families that know the McClellands and fired up the grill to give them a gen-u-wine Texas welcome.

I got so caught up in the chit-chat and the chocolate-chip cookies someone brought that I forgot to snap a picture of the whole group.  But, I'm glad I got the above shot of Brad and Mike.  These two could seriously be brothers.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Is it just me or does he resemble Jason?