Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

One of the perks of Brad's job is that he gets a brand new company car about every six months.  He pretty much gets to choose any new Mercedes-Benz that he wants, and anyone who knows Brad will recognize that this thrills him to no end.  My husband is a bona fide car nut, so he will pore over the available cars, fairly giggly with anticipation as he picks out his new lovey.

So when he pointed out his newest choice, he was less than amused when I told him I thought it looks like a Grandma Car.  Since ordering it, Brad has expended much energy in trying to convince me that his new S Class really WILL be cool, and not grandma-y at all.  I, of course, have expended my own energy in coming up with all the Granny References I could think of, sparing no opportunity to remind him that when his new car arrives, he can look forward to driving really slow, catching up on his knitting, getting lots of cats, etc...

Well, the new car arrived on Wednesday.  I bought the accessory necessary to every Grandma Car and placed it in his back window last night.

When he sees it this morning, I'm not sure what he'll do.  If I disappear from the blogging world for a few days, it's because I'm in the doghouse.

3 comments:

Suzette said...

baaahahaha!!! I am sure he can't stay mad at you for long. This is just too clever.

Jodi said...

Please also add a straw hat to the back window. Every old person car has one. Then he can start offering raw hot dogs to his passengers.

Jeneil said...

Aw, Jodi's comment plucked at my heart a little bit.