Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

This morning, Susanne messaged me that the Starz Network is planning to make a series based on Diana Gabaldon's Outlander books.

Best. News. Ever.

I may have been a little obsessed with these books last year, but in my defense, they are AWESOME and totally obsession-worthy.  So far, there are seven books in the series, all of them like 900 pages long, so I was able to immerse myself in Jamie and Claire for literally months last winter.  There is no better way to combat Berlin at its coldest and darkest.

Then, this summer, Brad's sister Becky gave me the first book on CD, so Jess and I listened to it as we drove the two days from Utah to Texas.  She and I were alone in my car (the boys all wanted to drive with Brad in his), so we listened to it non-stop (there are some parts not appropriate for a sixteen-year-old, so I had to fast-forward here and there).  We didn't even like to stop for food, so we subsisted on the trail-mix, beef jerky, and the fountain drinks we purchased when we had to stop for gas.  Yes.  It is just that good.

So, when I heard the news that a TV series is in the works, I flew into a Google-mania.  And, that is when I found this:

Is it wrong that just reading the word "Sassenach" got my heart pumping?

2 comments:

MarieC said...

Yay! I'm going to have to add Starz to our cable lineup. Now, who will play Jamie??

Jeneil said...

Time for me to check out these books!