So, today Brad and I were driving home from Home Depot when "MMM Bop" by Hanson started playing on the car stereo. No big deal, except that we were listening to my Dino-Pod, which proved I had actually gone to the effort to download and pay for this song. In the last couple of months.
Yes, Brad mocked me. Mercilessly.
I tried to explain that "Mmm Bop" is a Guilty Pleasure, which means that I KNOW IT IS STUPID but I still like it. Like Twilight. Or The Bachelor. I was able to come up with all kinds of examples of my Guilty Pleasures. I was defending myself beautifully.
Until I tried to give examples of Brad's Guilty Pleasures.
He doesn't really have any. He doesn't knowingly like stupid stuff (why do I think this is a character flaw?). I tried to cite his Star Trek obsession, but that doesn't really work. See, Brad has to think it is stupid in order for it to qualify. Me thinking it's stupid doesn't count.
Also on my Dino-Pod is a song by another group of three long-haired brothers, "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart?" by the BeeGees. But, this is most decidedly NOT a Guilty Pleasure.
I actually think these guys are super talented--fashion choices aside.


2 comments:
It is so hard to choose which BeeGee has the worst hair. I can't believe that anyone would ever look in the mirror and think, "That's hot."
This post fueled another Bee Gee's Youtube fest for me.
Post a Comment