Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Today at church, I was released as 1st counselor in our ward Relief Society.  I'm sure it was a relief to all the sisters who've had to listen to me slaughter the German language as I've tried to conduct the meetings.

Here I am with my dear friends Sarah and Gabi.  Sarah was the president, but her husband was called as bishop last month, so we knew we'd all be released soon.  Gabi was the 2nd counselor, but now she's been called as the new president.

I have truly loved serving with these women (I know everyone says that, but I really mean it).  They have both been so patient with me and picked up a lot of the slack of my language limitations.  They have also graciously used English in all of our presidency meetings so I could understand, and never admitted it was the pain that it must have been.  Both of them are warm, generous, kind, smart, and lovely through and through.

Luckily, I will still be able to work with Gabi in FHV (that's the German way to say Relief Society - aren't you impressed with my skills?  Don't be.)  My new/old calling is to help with the FHV activities, which is what I was doing before I was in the presidency.  I was kind of hoping for a change, but I guess this is a good way for me to finish out our remaining few months in the Dahlem Ward.

2 comments:

Denise Robertson said...

So happy you are going to be planning all the fun for the last few months you are here. Let me know if you need help with any games :)

Wharton Family said...

So, your comment about your last few months there hit home. Any word on when/where you will be heading next? Just so you know, I do NOT like our new neighbor.