Ever wonder what a Tender Mercy looks like?
In my book, it looks like this:
A couple of weeks ago, the external drive on our computer started clicking when we turned it on. It worked fine; it just made a clicking sound when it first powered up. Because that is where I store ALL my photos, I thought it might be a good idea to back them up, just in case. As luck would have it, I had some writable DVD's handy, so I took an hour or so and backed up ALL my photos - since 2004.
Well, this week the external drive is kaput. It won't turn on, and my computer won't recognize that it is even hooked up. If I hadn't backed-up my photos, I would be suicidal right now. Seriously. I'm not the world's greatest photographer, but I love to take pictures, especially of my kids. If I had lost all of those photos, I promise I would be a blithering puddle on the floor.
But, instead, I am looking smugly at my photo DVD back-ups.
Tender Mercy.

2 comments:
You are definitely living right. Normally I think about doing backups AFTER the drive dies. ;-)
Oh my goodness. My heart nearly stopped for you. Tender mercy indeed!
Post a Comment