Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday, February 1, 2011


Lately I've been working on updating our family photo albums.  I thought I'd try photo books, so for the last couple of months I've been putting together these photo books for 2007 and 2008.  I ordered them (not cheap), and sprung for the international shipping because, well, we live in Germany.

Last week, I got a notice from German customs saying that I had to come pick up the package at their office.  So, today I girded up my loins and headed to the customs office.  Imagine 2 1/2 hours at the DMV--where everyone speaks German--and that was my afternoon.  Three lines, four grumpy agents, and €33.95 later, I had my photo books.

I learned a valuable lesson today: do everything possible to avoid future trips to the German customs office.

1 comment:

Wharton Family said...

you must tell me more about these photo books. I have a lot of work to do. My sister agreed years ago that she would make the kids scrapbooks if I gave her the pictures. Now she has decided to keep the scrapbooks and the pictures. I think I could handle a photo book.