On Monday, Brad had to work in Zurich, so the kids and I went exploring on our own. I've decided that Zurich is not the best place to see Switzerland. It is a beautiful city, but basically there is nothing else to distinguish it.
The Limmat river runs right through the center of the old part of Zurich. We took a tram downtown, and had a little picnic lunch by the river. If Adam had had his way, he would have fed his whole sandwich to the ducks. I had to keep reminding him to eat some himself.
From there, we walked over to the Grossmunster cathedral. I think the kids liked the crypt the best - at least Pepper did. As we were walking around down there, he asked a million questions about who died there, who was buried there, etc. There was a big, 600-year-old statue of Charlemagne down there that added to the spookiness. It was outside on a bridge for several hundred years before they brought it inside, so it was pretty carroded and disfigured.
We walked across a bridge to the Fraumunster, another cathedral in Zurich. I think two cathedrals in one day was plenty for the kids.




No comments:
Post a Comment