Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Weekend in Switzerland

Brad had to go to Switzerland for three weeks for work, and the kids had time off school, so we thought it would be fun to take a quick family trip to Switzerland last weekend.  So, we packed up the car and took off on Friday night.

We stayed the night in Leipzig, Germany, then drove to the Swiss/German border on Saturday.  We stopped at the Rhine Falls there by the border, just inside Switzerland.


We took a little boat ride over to the Falls, and it let us off on the rocks right in the middle of the waterfall.


It was no Niagara Falls, but it was still beautiful and romantic...


Driving away from Rhine Falls, we misunderstood the navigation system and took a few wrong turns.  It was a happy problem, though, as we truly got to take the scenic route.
We're still not sure if this was taken in Germany or Switzerland.  Like I said, we took some wrong turns and kept crossing the border over and over.  This field was so pretty that I made everyone get out of the car for a family photo (it's tilted because I put the camera on the hood of the car).

We finally got on the right road and drove down to Bern, Switzerland.  You can't go to Switzerland without having their Fondue, so we found this charming little restaurant in Old Town, Bern.
Unfortunately, the cheese was very sharp, and the kids all hated it.  Oh well, more for Brad and me.  Jess felt bad that all the kids were grimacing and complaining about the cheese - she didn't want to hurt our waiter's feelings.  I thought that was sweet.

1 comment:

ColleenandKendra said...

Wow, what amazing things you and your family are getting to experience. I know the adjustment has been tough but the perks MUST help! Thanks for blogging about it so we can all live vicariously through you!