Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Swiss Temple

Sunday morning, we got up and drove to the Swiss temple, which is not far from Bern.

During Brad's mission, the Swiss temple was renovated, and Brad got to spend the last few weeks of his mission helping with the open house that followed.  This was a highlight of his mission.  Brad really loved being in the temple as they moved furniture and finished the renovations.  He also spent a lot of time at the open house, where the missionaries got tons of referrals.  He said it was like a South American mission after the open house, which was amazing because Switzerland was a pretty low-baptizing mission usually.  (And Teresa, I thought of you while we were there.  I know this is Your Temple!)

I think it was good for the kids to see where Brad served his mission and hear him talk about some of the experiences he had while he was serving.  In Bern, Brad had an "I can't believe this is happening" moment.  He was on a street where he had been often as a missionary, but now he was walking it 18 years later with his wife and kids.  He laughed, because he said that when he was there as a missionary, he never thought he'd be able to come back, and now, of all the crazy things, we live in Europe!  Life takes you for a ride sometimes!

1 comment:

MAMA T said...

When I saw that you were going to Switzerland I wondered if you would get to see the temple. There is a special place in my heart for this little piece of land in Zollinkoffen. Thanks for sharing you European adventures. On another note I was called as the teacher of Pepper's Primary class yesterday. We are getting ready for the Primary program next week.