After visiting the temple, we took a drive up through Interlochen, which is a lovely city between two lakes near the Alps. Above Interlochen, there is a village called Grindelwald, which I think was my favorite place I saw in Switzerland. It is a cozy little town in the middle of the mountains, with tidy little houses and farms on the hillsides. We had the car windows open, and we could hear the steady drone of cow bells as we drove through the town.
I loved the chalets in the background. Don't you just want to live here?
In Grindelwald, we boarded a train that took us up to the top of one of the major peaks, Jungfrau.
Halfway up the mountain, we found this crazy little souvenier shop. We didn't buy anything, but the kids did take a ride on the red cow.







3 comments:
I don't want to brag, but we lived in the "Chalet Garden" apartments in New Jersey. Practically the same thing as the chalets in your pictures.
My first trip to Europe Dave and I went to Grindlewald. It too was one of the most beautiful places. It is exactly how you picture the perfect Swiss Alps town. Love the pictures. I am so jealous!
When I was on study abroad we spent a month on the continent. One of my favorite places, of everywhere I visited, was Interlaken. I loved the hostel we stayed in and getting to ride around on the lakes. We didn't have a car, but took the train there from ... Lucerne. Switzerland is just gorgeous! I could live there.
Post a Comment