Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

 It grieves me to announce the sad demise of my Dino-Pod.  Brad had it hooked to the boat stereo at Bear Lake, and when they hit a big wave, it knocked the USB stick right out of my Dino-Pod, thereby causing the immediate death of my Top 58.

So, like the Dreamy Hubby that he is, Brad bought me a new iPod for my car. 

This one holds far more than 58 songs.  I spent the afternoon filling it with songs from iTunes, and it currently has 84 of my favorites with lots of room to spare.

It feels so good to have my songs back.  This is my current song-obsession, which I used to listen to at least daily on the Dino-Pod.  Since its demise, I have missed my daily wonderings about this song.  Why is she wearing wooden shoes with her wedding gown?  Why are her eyes broken?  Why would dancing with marionettes make her happier?  Basically, this song haunts me, and every time I hear it, I come up with new theories to answer my questions.  And, I always love the strong guitar strumming after the chorus.  The passionate angst gets me every time.

 So, today I listened to it many, many times in a row to make up for the lost days, and Brad just walked by me on his way to the kitchen humming it to himself. 

And to those of you who just clicked on the link and now have it running through your brain, making you wonder how someone can laugh with a lover's tongue in a lullaby...

...you're welcome.

No comments: