When I asked the kids what one thing they each wanted to do while we were here in UT, Pepper's response was "Go to BYU."
So we did. Today.
First stop on the Pepper-sponsored tour: Lavell Edwards stadium.
My two baseballers of course wanted to see the baseball field.
From there, we went to the new Joseph F. Smith Humanities building where my dad works, and he showed us the state-of-the-art classrooms there. See that track that runs along the floor on the left? That is there to ROTATE THE CLASSROOM--when it is turned around, it joins with another two classrooms to make a big auditorium.
Luke was mostly fascinated by the underground library.
Before we left campus, we took a little detour down Memory Lane. This is the apartment we lived in while my dad was getting his Master's degree when I was 3 and 4 years old (top balcony on the right).
I remember this being Kids' Paradise because there was a playground right outside. Obviously, the play structures have updated since I was there 40 years ago (holy cow--did I just say 40 YEARS AGO??), but it still looks like Kids' Paradise.
Continuing our trip down Memory Lane, we drove by the house we lived in when my dad came back to BYU as a faculty member. This is where I lived from age 11 until I graduated high school. I promise it was much nicer when my parents lived there. Promise.
I capped off a great day by joining my parents, Jen, Jami, and Bust at Hale Center Theatre to see Ragtime.
Three words: Dee. Light. Full.
Three words: Dee. Light. Full.

1 comment:
I love BYU/memory lane trips. Always a must when visiting Utah.
Post a Comment