Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

 Tonight was the much anticipated Bitner Amazing Race.  Becky put this scavenger hunt together for the kids based on The Amazing Race, which meant that not only did they have to figure out where to go for the next clue, but they had to complete some task or challenge at each clue in order to earn the next one.

Explaining the rules and giving each team their bag of equipment.

The Green Team

The Pink--er, Light-Red--Team

The Blue Team

I was the judge at the pool challenge, where each team was handed these instructions.  As an esteemed judge, I made sure the rules were strictly adhered to.

See, not a cannonball.  This jump had to be repeated.

As a team leader, Dave was exempt from the cannonball requirement.  I would have given him extra credit for being fancy if I was allowed.
 
After all three teams had come to the pool and done the challenge, a man who was there with his kids asked us what they were all yelling as they jumped.  After we told him, he laughed because he thought we'd been yelling "Hitler is Great."  Nope.  Not the same.

Because I had to stay at the pool, I couldn't get photos of the other challenges.  They were things like collecting a bag of golf balls from the mini-golf guy that had letters on them they had to arrange into the next clue, eating an ice cream cone at the store that had a clue at the bottom, diving to the boat anchor to find a clue, and finding a random family member who had a clue for them. 

The last clue had the teams digging in the beach sand for the final treasure.  After running all over the condos, everyone was pretty tired.

 Yeah.  Becky pretty much rocks.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Becky TOTALLY rocks. I bet there were other families there wishing they were Bitners.