Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

This morning, we had to pack up camp.  I did not expect to be this sad to be going home.

Once everything was packed up, the kids had some solo time where they could pray, reflect, and read the letters that their parents had sent.  Afterward, we met for a testimony meeting.

Yes, it was as hot as it looks.  Two hours in the blinding sun was a bit much for me.

But then we were rewarded with a Grand Feast.  The stake leaders told us they had 400 pounds of meat to barbeque, and it was good.

Each of the families did a little presentation.  This is our Human Bicycle.  We're pretty sure it was the best.

Here is Pepper with his youth conference family.  He got to be with our stake president and his wife, so he really scored.  They took great care of my boy, and Pepper now wants to join their family permanently.

After eating ourselves silly, we had to say good-bye.  The only thing that kept me from losing it completely was knowing that there will be a big fireside/slideshow tomorrow night, so I get to see "my" kids again.  

I wish I could think of the right words to describe the time we had on this youth conference.  There just isn't enough meaning in "amazing" or "great" or "mind-blowing" or "wonderful".  These last few days have been among the best I've ever spent in my whole life and I am so grateful that I got to be a part of it.

"Bitner's the Winner!"
(just typing that makes me tear up)

3 comments:

Jodi said...

If you had that amazing of a time, the kids must have just loved it! I fondly remember my youth conferences as some of the best activities of my youth.

ColleenandKendra said...

I ARORE the Hadleys!!! Pepper was one lucky dude!

Jeneil said...

Just another one of those things we do as members of the church that took a little nudging but in the end was totally rewarding in every way.
I'm certain that you and Brad were the bomb.