After I die, when they ask me to compile the Top Ten Hours of My Life (because, of course, they will), three o'clock on Saturday, March 23 is going to be on the list.
Because that is when I got to watch Kade, one of "our kids" from youth conference, be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
Kade is the handsome young man standing between Brad and me in this photo of nearly our whole youth conference family just after he was baptized. When they heard he was getting baptized, they rallied around to support him, just like they all supported each other at YC.
I've said before that we had the best family. That doesn't even begin to describe the feelings that exist between these people. There was something extraordinary about the way they treated each other and spoke to each other and just loved each other during those three days we spent together. I truly believe that Heavenly Father hand-picked this group to be around Kade as he made the decision to be baptized. His bishop told us that Kade had been on the fence for some time about whether or not to join, but on the Sunday after youth conference, Kade told him that he'd gotten his answer because of the experience he had with this "family". And Kade himself is a huge reason for the closeness we all feel together. He is one of the most kind, respectful, thoughtful, humble people I know. He has a way of including everyone and reaching out to them that is a true gift.
"Popping the Eleven" yet again.
It is such a privilege to be a part of this group. They make me cool by association.
3 comments:
So, so, SO awesome!!
I LOVE this! How lucky that you got to be his "mom." When I hear people talk about how awful teenagers are these days, I want to invite them to church to meet the youth in our church.
I love this so much! You can tell by their faces that they are the best kids.
Post a Comment