Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Today, we spent our day at Six Flags, where Adam's school choir did a little show.

I have decided that the Six Flags people are brilliant.  Today, the park was packed and nearly every group we saw as we fought the crowds included some kid in his or her choir t-shirt.  Clearly, Six Flags invites local schools to come sing here in December, which the kids think is the coolest thing ever, and their parents end up having to buy tickets for the whole family to come watch Junior sing Jingle Bells.  Essentially, Six Flags ends up with bumper crowds in December, with free entertainment that the patrons all had to pay for to make it happen.  See--Brilliant.  I lump this into the same category as school pictures.  And sports team pictures, which I just paid $16.95 for this morning.  

I am so on to these companies who know how to get money out of me so I don't feel like a bad parent--yet, I still dish out the dough.

Oh well.  We had fun.


1 comment:

Jodi said...

It's like restaurants giving out coupons for free kids' meals to schools to give to kids as rewards. They know the parents will end up buying the rest of the family dinner too.