Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

 This is my view every weekday morning from 6:00 until 6:45 AM.  It is the back entrance to our church, where Jessica has early morning seminary.  I drive her there, then sit in my car while she has class.

And, this is what I do as I wait.  I read my book, drink an ice cold Diet Coke (yes, at 6 AM - don't judge me), and listen to the radio.  It is actually quite delightful.  Knowing I can do this for 45 minutes makes it easy for me to drag my hiney out of bed at 5:45.

There are a couple of other seminary parents who also spend the time in their cars in the parking lot, but they appear to sleep.  I usually can't see them until they spring their seats up at 6:45 when their child opens the car door and the overhead light comes on.  There seems to be an unspoken rule that none of the pajama-clad parents look at or acknowledge each other at this ungodly hour.  It's really better that way.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

In New Jersey I used to drive a girl in our ward to seminary every Monday morning. There was no book or Coke to keep me company. I didn't find it delightful.

Jeneil said...

The things we do for spirit-chul noureeeshment.

Wharton Family said...

I was so thankful Emily could drive this year so I didn't have to stay in the car and wait in the freezing cold with snotsicles. Next year I am doomed though because Jeremy will not be old enough to drive.