Yesterday I spent the day at Six Flags, so I didn't make it to the grocery store to buy anything for Sunday dinner. I figured it wouldn't kill us to eat cereal for one Sunday.
But then, at church, we ran into the missionaries and learned that their dinner appointment for today had cancelled. We have a standing agreement with the missionaries that if they ever have a blank spot in their dinner calendar, they are to let us know and we will have them over--no matter what.
So, after church, we came home and searched the kitchen for something--anything--we could throw together for dinner. We came up with a bag of frozen fajita meat, rice, and canned corn.
Luckily, Elder Ford and Elder Young are very good sports. We love these guys, so it was totally worth the scrambling to spend the evening with them.
Before they came over, I told Brad and the kids not to take too much meat so we'd have enough for everyone. After dinner--and seconds--there was still meat in the pan. I consider this our very own Loaves and Fishes moment. Apparently, the Savior can work miracles with Tyson frozen fajita meat, too.

1 comment:
OK, I am being a totally overemotional missionary mom, but this little vignette seriously brought tears to my eyes. I think about all the sweet, humble families in Brazil who are finding their supply of rice and beans extended too, for sharing with my son.
Post a Comment