Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

We are not a stay-in-your-church-clothes-all-day-Sunday kind of family.  In fact, we may take the opposite to the extreme.  We are big believers in changing into comfy clothes as soon as we get home from church.

Brad was really rocking the comfy look this afternoon.  We especially liked the shorts-with-slippers look.  

In his defense, the slippers are my fault.  Because I am such a slipper junkie, it appalls me to think that he wouldn't own a pair.  I got him some last Christmas, but they didn't fit his feet tight enough, so he didn't like to wear them.  He has this man instinct that he needs to be able to "get away" at all times, so having sloppy slippers on his feet made him feel vulnerable.  I got him these beauties this Christmas, keeping in mind his need to juke bad guys should the opportunity arise.  It is impossible to find slippers that wrap around the heel so they stay securely on, and still look cool.  I find it somewhat ironic that the only slippers that cater to his manly instincts are old man slippers.

That being said, I have to say that somehow he still pulls off this look.  Maybe it is knowing that he is humoring my need to see him in slippers that makes him look so dreamy.  How could I not love this man?

3 comments:

MarieC said...

And the fact that he will pose for your picture while wearing them only ups the Dreamy Factor. :-)

ColleenandKendra said...

That is so funny! My sister's hub is the same way with the "get away" factor---he lives in fear that he'll be wearing the wrong shoes if he ever has to deal with the bad guys! :-)

Denise Robertson said...

Super dreamy. Only Brad could make that look hot. He looks like the before shot on What Not to Wear.