Happy Chinese New Year!
My friends Jeremy and Denise met in China and lived there for a year or so, so they have very tender feelings toward China. Tonight, we all benefited from their love-of-all-things-Chinese, as they threw a super awesome Chinese New Year Party.
Susanne made this cake. Underneath all that scrumptious butter-cream icing were two cakes, one yellow and one chocolate. I had two healthy pieces of the chocolate, both of which were side pieces so they had plenty of that slightly crunchy, so-sweet-it-makes-you-thirsty butter-cream icing. My eyes are rolling back in my head just thinking of it. . .
Denise had a game for us to play to test our Chinese knowledge and skills. This is the Lightening Round, which consisted of carrying various objects across the room with chopsticks. James wowed us all when he managed to get the egg safely there in one piece.
I had such a good time! I'm trying to think of what other foreign holidays are coming up, so Jeremy and Denise can throw another party.


1 comment:
Thanks for coming. Chinese new year is the best. I'm already planning for next year!
Post a Comment