For many Americans, New Year's is the time of football. I know my dad and brothers always seem to spend a lot of time watching game after game around New Year's (college, pro - I don't really know).
Well, this year I found a much more enjoyable thing to watch. I found a bunch of old Carol Burnett Show episodes to download on our AppleTV, and I had a sort of marathon of my own this afternoon.
You can only imagine my delight when I came to this classic episode! Even though I have seen this many, many times, I still can't help but crack up when Starlett makes this entrance in her curtain dress. In my opinion, it is the quintessential sight gag. It is funny every time I see it!
After seeing this, I started thinking about what makes me laugh, no matter how many times I see it, and I came up with this small list off the top of my head:
* Chris Farley's audition to be a Chip-n-Dale Dancer on SNL
* the blue handprints all over the Bluth Family Model Home on Arrested Development
*any Sweenie Sister medley on SNL (or when my sister Jen imitates them)
* the scene in Friends in which Rachel & Monica compete against Chandler & Joey in a quiz show type showdown to see who gets to keep the good apartment
* anytime Cameron screams on Modern Family
What makes you laugh?

2 comments:
*Jim Gaffigan stand-up routines
*From "Friends," Joey trying to help Ross get his leather pants back on.
*My New Jersey bishop mistakingly telling us to "visit the naked."
-The Sparten cheerleaders on SNL.
- Dinners with my girlfriends
- When Abby mouths off Jeremy, which seems to be all the time now.
-
Post a Comment