Today, Silvia arrived - a cute, cute young woman from Italy who will be staying with us this month while she learns German. She is trying to finish her university degree in Foreign Literature, so she needs to learn German in order to complete the German reading requirements (killer major, eh?). Silvia contacted the church here looking for a member family with a room to spare, so we offered her the guest room and bathroom in our basement. It's not fancy, but it's free.
When she came, she brought us some food from the town in Italy she is from. I don't remember the name, but it is a tiny town near the beach in southern Italy, in the heel of the boot. Since she is still new here, I didn't want to get in her face with my camera, so I just took a photo of the sweet food she brought.
Maybe once she's been here a while I will get a picture of the actual person. For now, you'll just have to take my word for it that she is here.

1 comment:
Score! You always get the awesome guests!
Post a Comment