Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday, May 25, 2011


I am so proud of myself!  

This morning, I was bemoaning my lack of summer clothes and surfing the web in search of some cute denim shorts.  I found some I liked, but then I reminded myself of my vow from last year to ALWAYS TRY ON PANTS BEFORE YOU BUY!  But, since I won't be in America until July, I was worried that all the summer stuff would be picked over (this happened last year) and I wouldn't find what I wanted.  What to do, what to do. . .?

Well, in a weak moment, I decided to just purchase something from Buckle.  I really like their styles, and about two years ago, I bought a pair of jeans that fit really well.  So, I went into my room to see the size.  When I pulled out the jeans, I thought to myself, "Jill, you never wear these.  They are so cute - if only they weren't boot cut!"  (they are super flarey).  As I stood there contemplating the sadness of the boot cut legs, I had a startling thought - what if I cut them off?  They are perfect until they reach my knees. . .could I do it? 

Buckle jeans are not cheap, so I nearly hyperventilated as I went for the scissors.  But, I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and made the first cut.  Once that was done, there was no turning back.  

Wah Lah!  I "made" my own shorts!


PS - you know I must be excited about this, as I allowed a photo of myself with no make-up and glaringly white legs to be published on my blog.

4 comments:

Wharton Family said...

Very cute shorts and as for the no makeup, you can't tell from this picture.

MarieC said...

You are SUPER CUTE, even with no makeup and pasty white legs. :-)

Denise Robertson said...

Looking awesome! Those shorts are so cute.

Marisa said...

So cute! I'm going to copy....