I'm a bit of a Grinch when it comes to decorating for Christmas. Luckily, this year Jessica took it upon herself to pull out all the decorations and corral her brothers into decking the halls.
I literally sat on the sofa and drank Diet Coke as my children hauled all the Christmas bins in from the garage, decorated the tree, the mantel, and every bit of wall space they could find, then hauled the empty bins back to the garage.
There was no fighting, no grumpy mother griping about ornaments getting broken, and no obsessing about bare spots on the tree. Just a cozy fire, Christmas music playing, and a pre-lit Christmas tree that required no untangling and stringing of lights.
I think my heart grew three sizes that day.
2 comments:
I think you found your Christmas card picture.
That is so many different kinds of awesome! Love it! Can you send them my way to help me get my Christmas on?
Post a Comment